lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

Tampa - Alissa Nutting When one of the librarians asked me what this book was like, I said the only thing that came to mind. Graphic. From the very first sentence it was graphic, and it really did a good job of making me judge the character as a perverted weirdo (sorry to judge like that, but I couldn't help it). Celeste Price was a VERY unlikeable character and I wish the author had dug a little deeper into her past to make us better understand why she was so strange. This book had a rushed feel to it, like the author was racing to put out a novel. The writing was good, and I didn't mind reading about all the sex, but I would rather have gotten a better feel for the characters.