lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

Ghost Flower - Michele Jaffe At first I was really into this book, but then it completely unraveled. The longer the story went on the more ridiculous it got. With so many characters popping in and out, and so many "twists" that ended up being nothing, the plot became a confusing mess. By the end I didn't really care who had killed Liza and who was covering it up and what the Family's secrets might be. The other thing that bugged me was the constant descriptions of every item of clothing every single character was wearing. I am nuts about clothes and I love to read about them, but after awhile it became tiresome and ended up skipping whole paragraphs that talked about clothes. All in all a very disappointing read, and I will not be reading anything else by this author.