lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

Mr. Peanut - Adam Ross The whole time I was reading this book I kept thinking, "Wow, this author really hates women!" The female characters in this book were of two types; the closed off, prissy wives and the lovely, sexually adventurous mistresses. They were completely one dimensional. However, the men were equally flawed. (And frustrating, at least from a female reader's point of of view.) I read this because it was said to be similar to Gilian Flynn's Gone Girl, which I loved. This book was nowhere near the caliber of the nuanced, chilling Gone Girl, but it was well written (expect for the characters) and it kept me turning the pages to see what happened next, so I didn't feel like it was a waste of time, and it was somewhat entertaining.