lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

Splintered - A.G. Howard This book gets an A for effort, and a C minus for execution. I only read this because I am a huge fan of Alice In Wonderland, and have most of the book memorized. I liked reading about another take of the Wonderland characters, and I would LOVE to see a movie this book since it felt so visual. The plot seemed badly complicated for no good reason and I spent the whole book wanting to smack the main character, Alyssa. If the author was aiming to maker her tough and independent she completely failed. All the male characters in this book got the plot off the ground while Alyssa stood around and flapped her hands, I would go this movie the day it came out, but I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone but the most die hard Alice In Wonderland fans.