lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton: A Novel - Elizabeth L. Silver Ooh, this book..... I don't know what to think of it. Do I like it, do I hate it; is it good, is it bad? I don't know yet, I don't know if I ever can decide, or if I care enough to bother.

Not my favorite, but it had its moments. I didn't quite care enough about any of the characters to be interested about what happened to them. It was kind of cool and creepy the way everything came together in the end, and I admire the author for getting all the pieces tied up together. Expect for the father, what the heck happened to the father? Also, the mom was a little too detached to be really believable. And why mention Noa's brother at all if he had no part in the greater story? Yeah, ok, this book wasn't really that great. Maybe the author's next one will be better.