lisa's reviews

Reading is the only thing in the world I am good at. A lifetime of reading, fifteen years of working in bookstores, and libraries, and an obsession with the written word makes me qualified enough to talk someone's ear off about books.  Now I am getting more ARCs than I have room for in the house.  Let me get back to reading them!

The Madman's Daughter - Megan Shepherd I liked this book until.... I didn't. I don't know if my mind started wandering because the story went south, or if the story went south because my mind was wandering, but about halfway through I started really disliking the direction of the story, and all of the characters. Juliet really made me nuts, with her back and forth about the boys. They were both lame, so what was the CONSTANT indecision about? The story really seemed to fall apart at the end when all I could do was question the motivations of the characters. As I got closer to finishing I kept hoping the author would redeem herself. I thought she was close to it in the very last pages, but she didn't.

Also, I thought in H.G. Wells' version Montgomery died. Why is he still alive? Because he's a hot guy? Is this book the first in a series?